- Following Brief Eulogy to his Father, Huntington Mayor Told Council, "Let's Get to Work..."
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- 22 Year Old Driver Dies from Crash Injuries
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- OP-ED: Murray-Ryan Budget Dumps 51.4% into Military -- Happy Human Rights Day!
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Nuclear Facility Cancer Study Planned by D.C. Group; Women & Children Most at Risk for Cancer
Volleyball Drops 3-0 Decision to Morehead State
The Herd fell to 1-4 in the young season, while the Eagles improved to 2-2.
Marshall was led by a pair of freshmen outside hitters, Elyse Panick (Chicago) and Cassie Weaver (Huntington, W.Va.). Panick led the Herd with nine kills with a .231 hitting percentage while Weaver recorded eight kills. Both players also tallied seven digs.
Sophomore middle blocker Lauren Legge (Pliny, W.Va.) led the Herd with a .667 hitting percentage and tallied a match-best six total blocks. Freshman middle blocker Ally Kiekover (Grand Rapids, Mich.) collected four kills, two service aces and three total blocks.
The Eagles were led by redshirt junior right-side hitter Alex Fitzmorris, who recorded a match-high 10 kills with a .316 hitting percentage while redshirt junior middle blocker Laura McDermott tallied a team-best .636 hitting percentage with seven kills.
Marshall came out sluggish against the Eagles in the first two sets before rallying in the third set, but ultimately dropping the set 28-26. During the third set, Marshall’s largest deficit was six, 20-14, before rallying to tie the set at 24-24. The Herd fought hard to take the third set but its comeback fell short with a kill by sophomore outside hitter Courtney Smith.
Marshall will now travel to Chicago to play in the UIC Invitational this weekend. The Herd will take on UIC on Friday night at 8 p.m., before facing Denver and Chicago State on Saturday.