- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
Mayor Declares Marcelo Lajterman Day in Honor of Marshall's Soccer Styled Punter
After the crash Abe Lajterman wrapped up the affairs of Marcelo. But Abe remained deeply scarred over the plane crash. It took "Ashes to Glory" and "We Are Marshall" to bring the families of Lajterman and (Ted) Shoebridge back to Huntington, to feel the embrace of the Herd family.
Mayor Steve Williams issued the proclamation at the 7th annual Marcelo Lajterman Memorial Classic at the Twin Silo Golf Course.
A PROCLAMATION OF THE MAYOR OF HUNTINGTON:
Marcelo Lajterman was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, growing up playing soccer and other sports and excelling in all of them; and
WHEREAS:Marcelo Lajterman and his family moved to the United States in December of 1964 and adapted immediately to the American way of life; and
WHEREAS:Marcelo Lajterman became the starting kicker for the Passaic High School football team in New Jersey as a sophomore; and
WHEREAS:Marcelo Lajterman and his family moved to Lyndhurst the following year, where he excelled on the football team as their kicker/punter, becoming the high scorer and breaking all the kicking records at Lyndhurst and in the state of New Jersey; and
WHEREAS:Marcelo Lajterman was recruited by Marshall University in 1969 to play football and started as the team’s place kicker and punter as a freshman and sophomore; and
WHEREAS:Marcelo Lajterman will be inducted into the Lyndhurst High School Hall of Fame on September 13, 2013.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, STEVE WILLIAMS, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON, CABELL AND WAYNE COUNTIES, do hereby proclaim the 6th day of September to be
Marcelo Lajterman Day
in the City of Huntington and encourage all people, businesses, organizations and institutions to join in honoring this distinguished individual.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and cause the Great Seal of the City of Huntington to be affixed this sixth day of September in the year of Our Lord Two Thousand Thirteen.
Steve Williams, Mayor