- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
- IMAGES: Huntington High School Honored by Council, Mayor Despite Loss
- Comprehensive Plan, Skatepark Approved by Huntington Council
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Toxic TCE Released to Huntington's Air Sept. 11-15, 2008, per EPA Settlement; Authorities not Immediately Notified of Release
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
UPDATED: Unanswered Questions about INCO Hazardous Waste and its Transport; Precision Castparts Responds in San Francisco
Ultimately, TCE has been associated with a variety of deadly illnesses, such as: cancer of the esophagus, lung, breast, bladder or kidney; leukemia; multiple myeloma; myleodysplasic syndromes; renal toxicity; hepatic steatosis; female infertility; miscarriage; scleroderma; and/or neurobehavioral effects or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Considering at least one official has referred to the continuing violations at INCO and elsewhere as “environmental terrorism”, numerous questions abound.
Further, a former worker at Huntington Alloys told HNN that the Pilot Plant in the 60s was used for storage. He has details of a "green goo" being trucked out of the plant and up the hill above Dietz Hollow where it was allegedly dumped.
HNN having been in contact with former workers of Huntington Alloys and/or the Huntington Pilot Plant (Reduction Pilot Plant), an Atomic Energy Commission leased facility (http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/ocas/huntpp.html), as well as former workers of the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant including those standing guard when remains of HPP were buried in Piketon, Ohio.