- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- State Film Office to Host Workforce Training Master Class June 25-26
- Tamarack to host Appalachian Music & Arts Festival
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
Bill Burr Promises to be Unedited at the Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center
Having one of the freshest voices in comedy today, Burr will speak to a new generation in this night of comedy. He boasts an impressive comedic résumé. Fans should expect to see the same uninformed logic that proved successful on Chappelle’s Show, The Late Show with David Letterman, and Showtime at the Apollo.
Die-hard Bill Burr fans don’t need to hear all of these credentials though. Burr’s strong following of fans know his style and expect to be offended at some point during the show. And while there will always be critics who over-analyze his work, one can’t deny his passion for the craft and fans. In an interview with The Press-Enterprise, Burr exclaimed about keeping the fans happy: “I think you just need to go out there and make them laugh, whether it’s slapstick or a really well written thing. As long as you make them laugh they seem to be happy.”
Bill Burr’s comedic intelligence was also put on display in the interview with this excerpt: “The second I tell a joke, it’s not my joke anymore because it’s cut with their childhood/life experience. Once it goes into their hard drive the information that comes out could be 180 degrees from what I was thinking and what I was saying.”
This night of comedy with Bill Burr is sponsored by 24/7 Comedy, WAMX, The Herald Dispatch, Marshall University, the Marshall University College of Arts and Media, and the Marshall Artists Series.
To ensure your ticket to this one-of-a–kind experience, be sure to contact the Marshall Artists Series box office at 304-696-6656. Or order tickets online at Ticketmaster.com. You may also visit our box office located in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center on the Marshall University campus. Box office hours are Monday through Friday 12 p.m.- 5 p.m. Tickets for Bill Burr are $25 and all seating is general admission.