- Following Brief Eulogy to his Father, Huntington Mayor Told Council, "Let's Get to Work..."
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- 22 Year Old Driver Dies from Crash Injuries
- OP-ED: Murray-Ryan Budget Dumps 51.4% into Military -- Happy Human Rights Day!
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Nuclear Facility Cancer Study Planned by D.C. Group; Women & Children Most at Risk for Cancer
Huntington 2010 TCE Air Violations Consent Order for $300,000 Fine, Alleged Criminal Penalties for Non-Reporting Dropped for Exceeding Limits
Health effects of excessive TCE exposure include (according to EPA) are:
One study reported that increased risk of several health effects (e.g., anemia, arthritis, skin rashes) was associated with TCE exposure of children, with the highest elevated risk for hypertension (high blood pressure) in 9-18 year-old girls (22). Another study reported increased incidence of autism spectrum disorders in children living in areas with the highest quartile (25%) levels of TCE in air measured in this study.
One case of acute exposure of a teenage boy reported symptoms of loss of consciousness, fever, tremors, cardiac sinus tachycardia, and kidney damage (24)
Neurobehavioral effects in children exposed to TCE in drinking water have been reported in one
study. A clinical case series study of individuals of varying ages from three states found significant neurological or cognitive defects (e.g. sensory defects, tremor, and reflex abnormalities) in childrenand adults exposed to TCE and other organic solvents in drinking water (37).
A copy of the just released document can be downloaded as a PDF.
- HUNTINGTON TCE EMISSIONS (338.92 KB)
- TCE AIR VIOLATIONS EFFECTS CHILDREN AND ADULTS FROM EPA (74.06 KB)