- Man Dies After Double Shooting on Huntington's Ninth Avenue
- No Layoff Decisions on Looming Huntington Deficit; Police Car Purchase Put Off
- Black History Month to be observed in a variety of ways at Marshall
- Huntington Awaits Plans for Curtailing Budget Overages
- HMDA Meets Monday Afternoon
- W.Va. AG Collaboration Prosecutes Ponzi Scheme, Nets Significant Prison Sentence
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Former office manager of Mountain State Justice pleads guilty for embezzling over $1.5 million
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Huntington 2010 TCE Air Violations Consent Order for $300,000 Fine, Alleged Criminal Penalties for Non-Reporting Dropped for Exceeding Limits
Health effects of excessive TCE exposure include (according to EPA) are:
One study reported that increased risk of several health effects (e.g., anemia, arthritis, skin rashes) was associated with TCE exposure of children, with the highest elevated risk for hypertension (high blood pressure) in 9-18 year-old girls (22). Another study reported increased incidence of autism spectrum disorders in children living in areas with the highest quartile (25%) levels of TCE in air measured in this study.
One case of acute exposure of a teenage boy reported symptoms of loss of consciousness, fever, tremors, cardiac sinus tachycardia, and kidney damage (24)
Neurobehavioral effects in children exposed to TCE in drinking water have been reported in one
study. A clinical case series study of individuals of varying ages from three states found significant neurological or cognitive defects (e.g. sensory defects, tremor, and reflex abnormalities) in childrenand adults exposed to TCE and other organic solvents in drinking water (37).
A copy of the just released document can be downloaded as a PDF.
- HUNTINGTON TCE EMISSIONS (338.92 KB)
- TCE AIR VIOLATIONS EFFECTS CHILDREN AND ADULTS FROM EPA (74.06 KB)