- Favorite Top 10 Huntington, WV Bars of All-Time
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- Council, Mayor Have Busy Tuesday Ahead
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Huntington Councilwoman's Husband Carjacked, Beaten
- Fayette County Passes Resolution to Prohibit Hydrofracking Byproducts
- Marshall University moves parade to Thursday, adds bonfire and pep rally
- Generation West Virginia to host inaugural pre-conference series October 21st
- Jim Justice Speaking in Huntington
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
UPDATED: Mayor Williams Comment on WV-DEP Defering Questions to City of Huntington on Pretreatment of Waste, Pink Goo Photo, TCE Hal Greer Disposal
"The pink material in the image you sent us was investigated by the City of Huntington, so you should check with them regarding what it is and where it came from.
Also, you probably should ask them about the TCE material disposal that you asked about. We believe that was permitted through them.
Again, wastewater treatment plants that process 5 million gallons of wastewater a day have pre-treatment authority, which means they can issue their own permits and issue their own fines when those permits are not met. There are nine such wastewater treatment facilities in the state that have pre-treatment author
Referring to the Draft Consent Order obtained by the Herald Dispatch, late tonight, Huntington Mayor Steve Williams told HNN:
"I'm not going to violate a confidential communication with a customer when all that is being discussed is a working draft. Every customer I have needs to trust that our regulatory process is confidential until a final determination is made. We aren't anywhere close to that point yet.
"I believe this is a living example of the public has the right to know. They have the right to know ALL the information when it is fully and completely established. The Board still has yet to establish and comprehend all the facts. We look forward to completing our investigation."