- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
- Marshall Names Temple’s Chuck Heater as Defensive Coordinator
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Home Builders, Realtors Applaud Melvin Watt's Senate Confirmation as Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Huntington Hires Communications Director
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Report: Few Consumers File Arbitration Cases
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
Healing Field Display Continues
On Patriot Day – Wednesday September 11, 2013 at 6:00 in the evening, The Greater Huntington Park & Recreation district invites the community to participate in a very special unveiling of the Memorial Bell Tower and dedication ceremony. The evening will begin with the Marshall March of Remembrance, as students carry 75 American flags from the Marshall Rec. Center to the Marshall memorial in Spring Hill Cemetery. The Huntington High School Marching Band will perform a variety of patriotic songs, several dignified guests will speak to share their perspective on the historic event, and a group of Marshall music students will perform. Refreshments will be served after the ceremony.
On Friday September 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm the 1st annual Memorial Bell Tower 5 K run/walk will be held at Spring Hill Cemetery to raise funds for the tower. Registration fee is $25. For additional information about the run, contact Jim Duke of Healthy Tri-State at 304-617-2121.