- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Herd4Christ to organize clothing giveaway
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Marshalll School of Medicine Presenting Research at American Heart Association Meeting
"We are very pleased that all eight of our research abstracts were accepted for presentation at this world-class conference," said Nader G. Abraham, Ph.D., Dr. H.C., FAHA, vice dean for research at the School of Medicine. "Marshall is truly expanding its medical research footprint and is being recognized at the international level."
In making the announcement, Abraham said research from Marshall scientists and clinicians includes findings on heart disease, obesity, fatty liver, and hypertension.
"Much of our research here at Marshall is focused on the issues that plague our population in West Virginia and really the entire Appalachian region," Abraham said. "For instance, the project that the dean, Joseph Shapiro, and I have been working on with researchers from Beijing and the National Institute of Environmental Health Science in North Carolina has found that there are small, special fatty acids that can improve heart attack mediated damage to prevent further damage, which may eventually lead to developments in new therapies and prevention."http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/ucomm/university-communications-press-rele...