- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- HPD Arrest Two for Burglary
- Mayor, City Have Busy Event Schedule
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Announces Savings Generated By Disability Fraud Unit
Marshalll School of Medicine Presenting Research at American Heart Association Meeting
"We are very pleased that all eight of our research abstracts were accepted for presentation at this world-class conference," said Nader G. Abraham, Ph.D., Dr. H.C., FAHA, vice dean for research at the School of Medicine. "Marshall is truly expanding its medical research footprint and is being recognized at the international level."
In making the announcement, Abraham said research from Marshall scientists and clinicians includes findings on heart disease, obesity, fatty liver, and hypertension.
"Much of our research here at Marshall is focused on the issues that plague our population in West Virginia and really the entire Appalachian region," Abraham said. "For instance, the project that the dean, Joseph Shapiro, and I have been working on with researchers from Beijing and the National Institute of Environmental Health Science in North Carolina has found that there are small, special fatty acids that can improve heart attack mediated damage to prevent further damage, which may eventually lead to developments in new therapies and prevention."http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/ucomm/university-communications-press-rele...