- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 2, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- "Identical" Faces "Guardians"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
Marshalll School of Medicine Presenting Research at American Heart Association Meeting
"We are very pleased that all eight of our research abstracts were accepted for presentation at this world-class conference," said Nader G. Abraham, Ph.D., Dr. H.C., FAHA, vice dean for research at the School of Medicine. "Marshall is truly expanding its medical research footprint and is being recognized at the international level."
In making the announcement, Abraham said research from Marshall scientists and clinicians includes findings on heart disease, obesity, fatty liver, and hypertension.
"Much of our research here at Marshall is focused on the issues that plague our population in West Virginia and really the entire Appalachian region," Abraham said. "For instance, the project that the dean, Joseph Shapiro, and I have been working on with researchers from Beijing and the National Institute of Environmental Health Science in North Carolina has found that there are small, special fatty acids that can improve heart attack mediated damage to prevent further damage, which may eventually lead to developments in new therapies and prevention."http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/ucomm/university-communications-press-rele...