- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
WV Professional Cosplayer to Appear at Charleston Gaming Convention in October
Admission prices for the event are $40 (weekend), Friday $20, Saturday $25, and Sunday $20. Visitors (non game players) are admitted for $5. The CharCon 2013 T-shirt will be designed by guest artist Lindsay Archer.
Games include Kingdom Builder, Augustus, Voluspa, Railways Express, and Relic Runners.
Prior guests have included Tammy Pryce (blue mermaid), Andy Hopp, and Ed Holsclaw.
Initiated in 2006, CharCon 2006 was the culmination of many discussions over games about the lack of gaming opportunities in West Virginia. Several different gamers came together finally to attempt the impossible, "to put on a Game Convention".
The first CharCon, which attracted 400 attendees, was held in one of the back sections of the Charleston Civic Center Since we were hoping for about 250, this counts as a very successful first year. The theme for 2013 is fantasy.