- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- Five women arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
- Team Penske sweeps Sprint Cup front row for second straight week
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 7, 2014
WV Professional Cosplayer to Appear at Charleston Gaming Convention in October
Admission prices for the event are $40 (weekend), Friday $20, Saturday $25, and Sunday $20. Visitors (non game players) are admitted for $5. The CharCon 2013 T-shirt will be designed by guest artist Lindsay Archer.
Games include Kingdom Builder, Augustus, Voluspa, Railways Express, and Relic Runners.
Prior guests have included Tammy Pryce (blue mermaid), Andy Hopp, and Ed Holsclaw.
Initiated in 2006, CharCon 2006 was the culmination of many discussions over games about the lack of gaming opportunities in West Virginia. Several different gamers came together finally to attempt the impossible, "to put on a Game Convention".
The first CharCon, which attracted 400 attendees, was held in one of the back sections of the Charleston Civic Center Since we were hoping for about 250, this counts as a very successful first year. The theme for 2013 is fantasy.