- "Hobbit" Dominates Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
WV Professional Cosplayer to Appear at Charleston Gaming Convention in October
Admission prices for the event are $40 (weekend), Friday $20, Saturday $25, and Sunday $20. Visitors (non game players) are admitted for $5. The CharCon 2013 T-shirt will be designed by guest artist Lindsay Archer.
Games include Kingdom Builder, Augustus, Voluspa, Railways Express, and Relic Runners.
Prior guests have included Tammy Pryce (blue mermaid), Andy Hopp, and Ed Holsclaw.
Initiated in 2006, CharCon 2006 was the culmination of many discussions over games about the lack of gaming opportunities in West Virginia. Several different gamers came together finally to attempt the impossible, "to put on a Game Convention".
The first CharCon, which attracted 400 attendees, was held in one of the back sections of the Charleston Civic Center Since we were hoping for about 250, this counts as a very successful first year. The theme for 2013 is fantasy.