- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Columbus Police Issue Heroin Destruction Order after more than 30 Overdoses
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of DMV Impostor Scam
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- CSB Releases Final Report into 2014 Freedom Industries Mass Contamination of Charleston, West Virginia Drinking Water
WV Professional Cosplayer to Appear at Charleston Gaming Convention in October
Admission prices for the event are $40 (weekend), Friday $20, Saturday $25, and Sunday $20. Visitors (non game players) are admitted for $5. The CharCon 2013 T-shirt will be designed by guest artist Lindsay Archer.
Games include Kingdom Builder, Augustus, Voluspa, Railways Express, and Relic Runners.
Prior guests have included Tammy Pryce (blue mermaid), Andy Hopp, and Ed Holsclaw.
Initiated in 2006, CharCon 2006 was the culmination of many discussions over games about the lack of gaming opportunities in West Virginia. Several different gamers came together finally to attempt the impossible, "to put on a Game Convention".
The first CharCon, which attracted 400 attendees, was held in one of the back sections of the Charleston Civic Center Since we were hoping for about 250, this counts as a very successful first year. The theme for 2013 is fantasy.