- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Chief Eastham Details How Relentless Assistance Prevented Further Fire Damage
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- Grant from Enterprise Holdings Foundation to MU Career Services to fund student internships
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
- Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- OP-ED: Some Thoughts on Provocation
WV Professional Cosplayer to Appear at Charleston Gaming Convention in October
Admission prices for the event are $40 (weekend), Friday $20, Saturday $25, and Sunday $20. Visitors (non game players) are admitted for $5. The CharCon 2013 T-shirt will be designed by guest artist Lindsay Archer.
Games include Kingdom Builder, Augustus, Voluspa, Railways Express, and Relic Runners.
Prior guests have included Tammy Pryce (blue mermaid), Andy Hopp, and Ed Holsclaw.
Initiated in 2006, CharCon 2006 was the culmination of many discussions over games about the lack of gaming opportunities in West Virginia. Several different gamers came together finally to attempt the impossible, "to put on a Game Convention".
The first CharCon, which attracted 400 attendees, was held in one of the back sections of the Charleston Civic Center Since we were hoping for about 250, this counts as a very successful first year. The theme for 2013 is fantasy.