- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
- Kyle Patton HPD Officer of the Year
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- NAHB: Study Reveals Key Differences in Home Preferences Based on Race or Ethnicity
Wine Festival Fund Raiser for MAS Set Sept. 28 at Frederick
Sample over 60 varieties of wine, tantalize your taste buds with amazing food, enjoy the smooth Latin sounds of Argentina’s Mielgo Trio, and bid on extravagant auction items, all while supporting a great cause! Uncorked! is a can’t-miss for locals of the tri-state area. It’s a great way to help bring talented acts to Huntington for the community’s enjoyment.
Uncorked! will be held at Huntington’s beautiful and historic Frederick Building and 21 @ The Frederick –located on 4th Avenue in Downtown Huntington on Saturday, September 28th from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Guests will check-in at the Keith-Albee Theatre to retrieve a tasting glass, wristband and bidding number. Check-in begins at 3 p.m.
Upgrade your ticket for the ultimate experience with one of our Premium Packages. The VIP wine tasting package for $125 per ticket includes admission to the general tasting, along with a premium wine tasting from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. just prior to the general tasting. The premium tasting features wines valued at $50 or rated 90+ along with complimentary hors d’oeuvres. The Premium Package for 10 is $2500 and includes everything from the VIP package and additionally includes 5 VIP parking passes for the lot adjacent to the Keith-Albee Theatre. A limited number of premium packages are available and must be reserved in advance. Reserve yours today by calling 304-696-3326 or email email@example.com.
Also, be sure to Enjoy An Evening in Argentina, the kick-off event for the Uncorked! Fundraiser. This event starts at 7 pm on Friday, September 27th. Doors open at 6:30 pm at 21 @ The Frederick. This South American Food & Wine Event will feature music by The Mielgo Trio, direct from Buenos Aires. Featuring Samy Mielgo (guitar), “Chino” Correa (piano), and “Quique” Condomi (violin), this folkloric and tango group from Argentina will be sure to set the mood inside 21 @ The Frederick. Formed in 2000, The Trio Mielgo recreates instrumental classics of Argentinian folklore.
This Argentinian themed event will keep true to the spirit of the Uncorked! Fundraiser. Patrons will experience amazing and authentic Argentinian cuisine, spirits, and music like they never have before. Attendees will be treated to 5 courses of fine cuisine courtesy of 21 @ The Frederick, each paired with an Argentinian wine. Other offerings include apéritifs, grass fed beef, empanadas, a hearts of palm salad, and dulce de leche dessert and tasty treats!
Tickets for An Evening in Argentna are $100 per person. This price covers all of the fine food offerings mentioned above, Argentinian wines, and entertainment. Interested parties should act soon, as there is limited seating available for this event. For reservations, call 21 at The Frederick: 304-529-0222.
Uncorked general tasting tickets are $40 per person. To order tickets contact the Marshall Artist Series at 304-696-3326. Tickets may also be purchased at the Keith-Albee Theatre on September 28th beginning at 3 p.m.