- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Guest Column
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- Uranium Hexafluoride Truck Incident in 2009 Closed I-64; Incident in 2013 on I-81
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
Realtors Respond to President Obama's Speech on Fifth Anniversary of Financial Crisis
"With NAR’s support, the administration enacted key policies to stabilize the market, recover home values, ensure access to affordable credit, and most importantly, renew faith in the value of homeownership.
“Realtors supported efforts to help more than 7 million underwater homeowners refinance their homes or modify their mortgages through the Home Affordable Modification Program and two iterations of the Home Affordable Refinance Program. Additionally, NAR worked with the Treasury Department to develop a program to help homeowners avoid foreclosure.
“To reinvigorate home sales, NAR led the charge to pass the temporary home buyers’ tax credit, which helped millions of Americans buy a home. When private lenders fled the market and stymied access to mortgage insurance, Realtors® advocated reforms to the FHA Single-Family Mortgage Insurance Program so that it could continue to make mortgages available to qualified home buyers.
“To protect future home buyers from unscrupulous lending practices, NAR continues our work with the administration and Congress to develop new lending standards that create opportunities for private capital to re-establish itself as part of a robust and competitive mortgage market.
“NAR continues to advocate a system that ensures creditworthy buyers always have access to safe, reliable mortgages such as 30- and 15-year fixed-rate loans, even in tough economic times when private lenders cannot, or will not, enter the market.”