- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- UPDATED LINKS: Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- WORK SESSION: Council Holds Solemn Preparation, While Discussing Skatepark, Comprehensive Plan
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
CoreLogic: September MarketPulse Report Examines Correlation of GDP and Housing Market
CoreLogic Case-Shiller Principal Economist David Stiff, Ph.D., analyzes the benefits of using repeat sales to track home price changes. This month's edition also features commentary by CoreLogic President and CEO Anand Nallathambi who discusses the trend toward fewer mortgage originations for the second half of 2013 and into 2014.
Additional key findings in the September MarketPulse report include:
- Long-run potential GDP growth is estimated to be approximately 1.75 percent today as opposed to 3.5 percent prior to the recession.
- Single-family housing starts have moderated recently, influenced by rising mortgage interest rates.
- The housing sector has played a pivotal role in driving GDP growth since late 2011, but rising rates will modestly temper the contribution moving forward.
- Repeat sales is a simple, yet accurate method of estimating home price changes and an efficient use of housing data.
- While repeat sales models are influenced by foreclosure resales, the impact is reflective of market dynamics.
For a full copy of the September CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2013-September.pdf.