- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
RCBI Locations in WV Celebate National Manufacturing Day Oct. 4
The institute will be hosting demonstrations and tours from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers in Huntington (1050 Fourth Ave.), South Charleston (100 Angus E. Peyton Dr.) and Bridgeport (2400 E. Benedum Industrial Dr.). The events are free and open to the public.
"Manufacturing Day is for everyone," said Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of RCBI. "The day's activities will highlight the importance of manufacturing to the nation's economy with special attention focused on today's advanced manufacturing, including additive manufacturing with 3-D printers. RCBI is proud to play a role in the nationwide resurgence of manufacturing.
"We hope to attract a large crowd at each of our statewide Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers as we celebrate manufacturers, entrepreneurs and innovators in West Virginia."
According to Weber, events at the Huntington location also will include a Manufacturing Institute Industry Partners Symposium. The symposium will begin at 11:30 a.m. with remarks by U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall, followed by networking opportunities and a luncheon.
She added, "The symposium will strategically connect RCBI's entrepreneurial manufacturing clients with academic and government experts and other industry partners to discuss current opportunities in manufacturing, identify opportunities for collaboration and learn about current research activities."
Reservations for those who plan to attend the symposium and luncheon in Huntington are due by 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27. No reservations are necessary for the demonstrations and tours at any of the locations.
To register or receive more information, call (800) 469-RCBI (7224) or visit www.rcbi.org/mfgday2013.
Directions to each of the locations are available on the website.