- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 21, 2014
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- CFPB Finds Private Student Loan Borrowers Face 'Auto-Default' When Co-Signer Dies or Goes Bankrupt
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Hitchcock Kicks off Huntington's Cinema Under the Stars
- Dr. William Palmer selected as Outstanding Faculty Award winner
RCBI Locations in WV Celebate National Manufacturing Day Oct. 4
The institute will be hosting demonstrations and tours from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers in Huntington (1050 Fourth Ave.), South Charleston (100 Angus E. Peyton Dr.) and Bridgeport (2400 E. Benedum Industrial Dr.). The events are free and open to the public.
"Manufacturing Day is for everyone," said Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of RCBI. "The day's activities will highlight the importance of manufacturing to the nation's economy with special attention focused on today's advanced manufacturing, including additive manufacturing with 3-D printers. RCBI is proud to play a role in the nationwide resurgence of manufacturing.
"We hope to attract a large crowd at each of our statewide Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers as we celebrate manufacturers, entrepreneurs and innovators in West Virginia."
According to Weber, events at the Huntington location also will include a Manufacturing Institute Industry Partners Symposium. The symposium will begin at 11:30 a.m. with remarks by U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall, followed by networking opportunities and a luncheon.
She added, "The symposium will strategically connect RCBI's entrepreneurial manufacturing clients with academic and government experts and other industry partners to discuss current opportunities in manufacturing, identify opportunities for collaboration and learn about current research activities."
Reservations for those who plan to attend the symposium and luncheon in Huntington are due by 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27. No reservations are necessary for the demonstrations and tours at any of the locations.
To register or receive more information, call (800) 469-RCBI (7224) or visit www.rcbi.org/mfgday2013.
Directions to each of the locations are available on the website.