- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- IMAGES: CCCSO Ritter Park Picnic
- Paige Madden Named Miss WV
- IMAGES: Thundering Herd Rolls to 3-0
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Will "Guardians" Continue at the top of Boxoffice? "Dolphin" sequel likely Winner
- OP-ED: Wow! Talk About Entitlements: Check the FEC
- IMAGES: Marshall, Cincinnati Draw
City Ends Fiscal Year with $2.5 Million Surplus
Cautioning council not to be "giddy" about the carry over, he reminded the body that "we have a wage re-opener" clause in the collective bargaining agreements. Negotiations for possible pay raises could be reopened in January.
As for the 2013-2014 fiscal year, "We are right on pace in terms of revenue" (collection), Wiliams said, explaining that B & O is a "little behind" and that the sales tax is "ahead" of projections.