- UPDATED: Retired Firefighter Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Queen Elsa Appears Saturday
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Council Passes Funding for Final Phase Old Main Corridor
- China Builds 15 story hotel in Six Days
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
City Ends Fiscal Year with $2.5 Million Surplus
Cautioning council not to be "giddy" about the carry over, he reminded the body that "we have a wage re-opener" clause in the collective bargaining agreements. Negotiations for possible pay raises could be reopened in January.
As for the 2013-2014 fiscal year, "We are right on pace in terms of revenue" (collection), Wiliams said, explaining that B & O is a "little behind" and that the sales tax is "ahead" of projections.