- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Four Sentenced on Heroin Charges in Beckley
City Ends Fiscal Year with $2.5 Million Surplus
Cautioning council not to be "giddy" about the carry over, he reminded the body that "we have a wage re-opener" clause in the collective bargaining agreements. Negotiations for possible pay raises could be reopened in January.
As for the 2013-2014 fiscal year, "We are right on pace in terms of revenue" (collection), Wiliams said, explaining that B & O is a "little behind" and that the sales tax is "ahead" of projections.