- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- UPDATED LINKS: Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
- WORK SESSION: Council Holds Solemn Preparation, While Discussing Skatepark, Comprehensive Plan
- Police seized hundreds of thousands in cash, firearms and pills during investigation
- Huntington Mayor's Dad, Dr. Don Williams Passes
- Day Three: Stewart Receives 2013 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
BOOK NOTES: Autumn Tour for Woodland Press Authors
This Friday, Sept. 27th, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. — Cat Pleska and Bram Stoker Award Winner Michael Knost will appear at Books-A-Million at Dudley Farms Plaza, Charleston, WV. Cat Pleska will be signing copies of "Fed from the Blade", while Michael Knost signs copies of "Specters in Coal Dust", "Mothman Files", and others.
On Saturday, Sept. 28, 11 AM - 4 PM - Author Brian J. Hatcher will be appearing at Tamarack, the Best of West Virginia, in Beckley, on Sept. 28, from 11 am - 4 pm. He will be greeting the public and signing special copies of his books, including "Mountain Magic: Spellbinding Tales of Appalachia" (Hatcher), "Stories from the Hearth" (Hatcher), and others. He will also be performing small magic during the appearance.
This Saturday, Sept. 28th, 2 PM - 5 PM - Charleston Town Center Books-A-Million will host a book signing event with S. Clayton Rhodes and Frank Larnerd. S. Clayton Rhodes will be signing copies of "The Wiz of the West" and "Legends of the Mountain State". Frank Larnerd will personalize copies of "Mountain Magic: Spellbinding Tales of Appalachia" , "Hills of Fire", and "Fed from the Blade".
On Sunday, Sept. 29th, 2 PM to 5 PM — Anne Black Gray, author of "The Devil's Son: Cap Hatfield and the End of the Hatfield and McCoy Feud", will participate in the Palos Verdes Peninsula Library Local Author Festival at the Palos Verdes Library, Los Angeles, CA. Anne will have a table for signing and selling the book and will participate in a panel session, from 2:15 - 3:00. and a book reading.