- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- MOUNTAINEER CHALLENGE ACADEMY: Free Military School Better Option Than Dropping Out
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Begins Accepting Consumer Complaints on Prepaid Cards, Additional Nonbank Products; Nonbank Products Include Debt Settlement and Credit Repair Services, Pawn and Title Loans
- FNC Index: Home Prices Pick Up Momentum
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program again ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
ANALYSIS: Compliance Volunteers not Ready
At the time, members of council and Mayor Steve Williams indicated that the city was not interested in collecting fines. In fact, he said that the officers and others would be happy to assist the elderly and disabled, among others.
Having spoken before council providing praise to the West Huntington Public Library , a proposal for fire extinguisher education, and a re-examination of towing and 48 hour ordinances on the books, Mike Thompson, a veteran and amputee, has received two visits from compliance officials concerning his front porch in West Huntington.
In his words, "I only got one leg, I need a little help," the self-styled Huntington "Rambo" said. "The chair will not go anywhere," he said, adding that he might have the porch enclosed. "It's also hard to move [items] with the ramp."
The praiseworthy passage of the ordinances assisted in restoring pride to the city and assisted in its second place in the Huntington in Bloom contest.
Isn't it time for the volunteer portion to kick in?