- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
- United States Mint Announces 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Designs
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- REALTYTRAC: Foreclosure Auction Sales, Bank-Owned Sales Increase from Year Ago in October Even as Short Sales Decline
- WV Supreme Court Upholds Cinema Robbery Conviction, But States Warrant not Subponea Should Have Been Utilized
Timko Named C-USA Women's Tennis Player of the Month
“I haven’t really won anything like this before, so after years of hard work it’s gratifying to know that I’m still improving and doing big things during my final year,” Timko said. “I’m excited and honored to receive this award.”
The senior is 6-1 in singles play and 4-2 in doubles competition this season.
Timko won the Flight B singles bracket at the Hokie Fall Invite at Virginia Tech. She also won the doubles bracket at the 21st annual Tribe Invitational at William and Mary.
Timko's first two victories were over Cameron Richard of Liberty (6-2, 6-4), and James Madison's Emily Bradshaw (6-1, 6-4). She finished off tournament play with a pair of wins over Pittsburgh players Amanda Wickman (6-3, 6-4), and Audrey Ann Blakely.
The only loss that Timko has suffered in the fall season has been a 7-6, 7-6 match to Sarah Richter of Utah at the Tribe Invitational. She defeated Natalie Looney of South Carolina (6-1, 6-3), and Julienne Si Ying of Dartmouth (6-2, 6-3), in the early rounds. Also at the Tribe Invitational she teamed with Rachael Morales for three straight doubles victories.
The Marshall tennis team will return to action in the ITA Atlantic Regional Tournament Oct. 18-22.