- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- Guest Column
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- Uranium Hexafluoride Truck Incident in 2009 Closed I-64; Incident in 2013 on I-81
RECALLS THIS WEEK: Surge Protectors, Circular Saws
Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 20:23 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
This recall involves APC 7 and 8 series SurgeArrest surge protectors manufactured before 2003. The two numbers that follow the first letter or letters in the serial number sequence indicate the year of manufacture. The unit is included in the recall if the numbers are 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 or 02. A complete list can be found at www.recalls.org.
Consumers should contact Schneider Electric at (888) 437-4007 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at http://recall.apc.com, or www.apc.com for a free replacement surge protector. More info at www.recalls.org.
Festool USA is recalling TS 55 REQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw sold nationwide and in Canada from May 2013 to July 2013. The plunge lock can engage when not intended, causing the saw blade to remain exposed from the housing following completion of the plunge cut and posing a laceration hazard.
The TS 55 REQ is a small, portable, circular saw for woodcutting with a 160 mm saw blade, aluminum guide rails and a plunge cut feature. Recalled saws include date codes ranging from 02/13 to 05/13 and serial numbers 40033594 through 40074108.
Consumers should contact Festool USA at (855) 784-9727 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday throughFriday or online at www.festoolusa.com for details on how to get a free repair or replacement product, or how to receive a refund. More info at www.recalls.org.