- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
- Scheme involving thousands of prescription pain pills ends in jail time for Logan brothers
Marshall Bond Rating Affirmed
Sunday, October 6, 2013 - 17:33 Updated 8 weeks ago Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
In the affirmation document, Fitch said that the rating reflects "historically stable student enrollment and demand for auxiliary facilities." It also said that it expects Marshall to manage effectively through any cuts in state operating appropriations.
"This is yet another indication that Marshall has been fiscally responsible and managed its money well," said Marshall President Dr. Stephen J. Kopp. "We thank the members of our Board of Governors, both past and present, for their direction and expertise." The support of the university's faculty and staff is also important, he said, in keeping the university on solid ground.
The affirmation specifically made reference to $51.9 million in university revenue bonds, series 2011; and $34.8 million in university refunding revenue bonds, series 2010.
Fitch Ratings is part of the Fitch Group, a global organization specializing in financial information services, with operations in more than 30 countries. It is located online at www.fitchratings.com. - See more at: http://www.marshall.edu/ucomm/university-communications-press-release-2/?pressid=3283#sthash.K9xQOH54.dpuf