- Following Brief Eulogy to his Father, Huntington Mayor Told Council, "Let's Get to Work..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- 22 Year Old Driver Dies from Crash Injuries
- Home Builders, Realtors Applaud Melvin Watt's Senate Confirmation as Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- CoreLogic: Record Low Number of Natural Hazard Events, Unusual Sinkhole Activity Spotlighted in Annual Natural Hazard Risk Summary and Analysis Highlighting Significant U.S. Natural Disasters in 2013
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
Comedian Kevin Pollak Performs Stand-Up at the Keith Albee
As far as the entertainment industry is concerned, Kevin Pollak is the traveling nomad of the industry. From comedian, to actor, writer, and producer Pollak has had his hat in nearly every ring. All of this and he managed to be named by Comedy Central as one of the TOP 100 COMEDIANS OF ALL TIME. He has definitely earned himself the respect of his peers and fans. Specializing in celebrity impressions, Pollak will capture the attention of those in attendance with his quirky style. For those who haven’t seen Kevin Pollak at work, it is his impressions that garner legendary status. He once did such a good impression of Alan Arkin that upon leaving a message on Arkin’s answering machine Alan was convinced that he left himself a message.
Performing stand-up since the age of 10, Pollak has finely crafted his passion through movies, TV shows, and comedy specials. Becoming a professional stand-up comedian at age 20, Pollak turned his attention to films. Landing his first role in George Lucas’ Willow, Pollak soon took flight in both the film and comedic industry. Concerning this film, Pollak had this to say from BrainyQuote: “I think it's important that your first film be your worst film, that one's life trajectory should go up.”
For the October 28th show, fans can expect to see the same rip-roaring comedy seen in his most recent TV stand-up comedy special, The Littlest Suspect. And although Pollak seems to have his hand in many entertainment ‘jars,’ he proclaims his dedication to stand-up comedy in this statement from IMDb: “As rewarding as a good film role can be, there is just nothing like getting up on a stage and taking an audience for a ride. You make a movie, and the audience may not see it for another 10 months. Here, you know immediately their reaction.” Pollak will be sure to deliver in this Evening of Comedy, as he tells narratives from his own life through celebrity impressions.
Tickets for Kevin Pollak are $51/35. This Evening of Comedy with Kevin Pollak is sponsored by Brickstreet Insurance, CSX, and Nelson Mullins, The Touma Foundation, Oldies 97.1, KEE 100, WSAZ, The Herald Dispatch, Marshall University, The Marshall University College of Arts and Media, and the Marshall Artists Series. Be sure to contact the Marshall Artists Series box office at 304-696-6656 for your opportunity to enjoy this evening with Kevin Pollak. You may also visit our box office located in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center on the Marshall University campus. Box office hours are Monday through Friday 12 p.m.- 5 p.m.