- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- United States Mint Announces 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Designs
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson Celebrates Sixth Title With Eye On A Seventh
Huntington Police Concludes 3 Day Port Security Training
The training was taught by an expert group of instructors, specializing in tactics for high risk inland waterway vessel boarding and searching. The instructors provided training to the Huntington Police Department, Kanawha County Sherriff’s Department and Galia County Ohio Sherriff’s Department.
Chief Holbrook stated “The Ohio River remains the largest and busiest inland waterway in the transporting tonnage of commerce. This training grant provides us with world class training from industry experts preparing our officers to respond to unique maritime security events”.
The Marathon Petroleum Company provided one its newest vessels and crew for the waterway portion of the training. Additionally The Huntington Fire Department provided river rescue and safety support during the training.