- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Bernie Packs Huntington's Big Sandy; Hillary and Trump Win Big IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- More than 1,700 to graduate from Marshall University May 7
- AG DeWine Sues Out-of-State Telemarketer for Misleading Ohioans about Computer Virus
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- Huntington YMCA‘s Free Healthy Kids Day® on April 30th Aims to Help Kids Exercise Minds and Bodies
RCBI Hires New Recruiters
Operating from the RCBI Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center in Bridgeport, Laurie Jean McCormick will focus on the state’s north-central and northern regions.
Both recruiters will provide region-based student recruitment for RCBI’s career-skills programs, as well as outreach to industry for more customized training assistance.
“Skills training is integral to what we do at RCBI,” said Charlotte Weber, RCBI Director & CEO. “And we are fortunate to have talented individuals such as Erica and Laurie reaching out to students and industry to enlist them for training. They can help us reach our goal of creating an ever-larger pool of technically skilled individuals to meet the needs of industry.”
An Alabama native, Gilkerson comes to RCBI from Mountwest Community and Technical College. Prior to working at Mountwest, she was with the Marshall University Admissions Office. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice/Psychology from Judson College, a Bachelor’s in Sociology from Marshall and a Master’s Degree in Legal Studies from West Virginia University. She and her husband Seth live in Kenova.
Born in Buckhannon, McCormick previously worked at WBOY-TV in Clarksburg, where she directed the station’s early morning newscasts. From 1999 to 2010 she was a United Methodist pastor in Buckhannon, Richwood, Reader/Pine Grove and Morgantown. She has a Bachelor’s in Advertising from Purdue University, a Master’s in Public Relations from Regent University and a Master of Divinity Degree from United Theological Seminary. She lives in Clarksburg.