- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Critical First Years of Your Professional Life': Comprehensive, Readable Book for College Graduates Seeking Their First Job
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'White Girl Bleed a Lot': Color Blindness in Crime Reporting Misleads Everybody
Junior League of Huntington Updates Community Center
Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 23:14 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Members will gather Saturday, Oct. 12 and Sunday, Oct. 13 from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. to paint, clean and landscape the front of the building. The Junior League Community Center is used by many local organizations, and League members want to ensure that the space is welcoming and beautiful for all those who use the building. "So many people in our community enter this building every week," said Sarah Walling, member of the Junior League board of directors. "We feel it's really important to make sure the space is beautiful and safe, as well as be a part of the Huntington in Bloom movement." The Junior League Community Center is available at a low cost for rent to local organizations for meetings and events. For information on renting the building, contact Leslie Culp at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Junior League of Huntington is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. For more information or to become a member of the Junior League, call (304) 523-4165.