- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero
- OP-ED: Vermont Yankee and the Rest: Dirty, Dangerous, Too Costly to Compute
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- OP-ED: Are the U.S. and Russian Governments Once Again on the Nuclear Warpath?
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- Huntington Police Continue War on Drugs; Accused Detroit Murderer Arrested
Junior League of Huntington Updates Community Center
Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 23:14 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Members will gather Saturday, Oct. 12 and Sunday, Oct. 13 from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. to paint, clean and landscape the front of the building. The Junior League Community Center is used by many local organizations, and League members want to ensure that the space is welcoming and beautiful for all those who use the building. "So many people in our community enter this building every week," said Sarah Walling, member of the Junior League board of directors. "We feel it's really important to make sure the space is beautiful and safe, as well as be a part of the Huntington in Bloom movement." The Junior League Community Center is available at a low cost for rent to local organizations for meetings and events. For information on renting the building, contact Leslie Culp at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Junior League of Huntington is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. For more information or to become a member of the Junior League, call (304) 523-4165.