- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
Junior League of Huntington Updates Community Center
Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 23:14 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Members will gather Saturday, Oct. 12 and Sunday, Oct. 13 from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. to paint, clean and landscape the front of the building. The Junior League Community Center is used by many local organizations, and League members want to ensure that the space is welcoming and beautiful for all those who use the building. "So many people in our community enter this building every week," said Sarah Walling, member of the Junior League board of directors. "We feel it's really important to make sure the space is beautiful and safe, as well as be a part of the Huntington in Bloom movement." The Junior League Community Center is available at a low cost for rent to local organizations for meetings and events. For information on renting the building, contact Leslie Culp at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Junior League of Huntington is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. For more information or to become a member of the Junior League, call (304) 523-4165.