- Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- DuPont and Chemours to hold AGMs without addressing growing C-8 issue in U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- Huntington advances to finals of America’s Best Communities competition
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- Renewable Energy in West Virginia: Projects and Prospects subject of 2016 conference in Huntington
- Movie about terrorism told by 9/11 survivors and veterans being filmed in West Virginia.
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Marshall University Forensic Science Program hosts Forensic Science Research Day
- Marshall to host ‘George Rashid: The Leper of Pickens’ documentary film screening April 28
Junior League of Huntington Updates Community Center
Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 23:14 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Members will gather Saturday, Oct. 12 and Sunday, Oct. 13 from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. to paint, clean and landscape the front of the building. The Junior League Community Center is used by many local organizations, and League members want to ensure that the space is welcoming and beautiful for all those who use the building. "So many people in our community enter this building every week," said Sarah Walling, member of the Junior League board of directors. "We feel it's really important to make sure the space is beautiful and safe, as well as be a part of the Huntington in Bloom movement." The Junior League Community Center is available at a low cost for rent to local organizations for meetings and events. For information on renting the building, contact Leslie Culp at email@example.com. The Junior League of Huntington is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. For more information or to become a member of the Junior League, call (304) 523-4165.