- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Bike license program offers security, vintage plates
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- Attorney General DeWine Warns Consumers to Avoid Online Romance Scams
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
- Rahall Supports Travel Ban to Ebola Impacted Countries
Tsubasacon Takes over Huntington's Downtown
Based on Friday attendance, the convention will exceed 2012's numbers which mean an even greater economic impact on the city.
Check here for the main events at the show: http://tsubasacon2013.sched.org/list/descriptions/#.UliHShB8Wun
In observance of the "con's" Tenth Anniversary, Huntington Mayor Steve Williams issued a proclamation:Whereas: Tsubasacon, founded in 2004, is a Japanese culture, animation and gaming festival hosted annually in Huntington, West Virginia by dozens of local volunteers; and
Whereas: Tsubasacon's primary goal is to provide West Virginians with international experiences normally available in larger metropolitan areas; and
Whereas: Tsubasacon will be presenting its tenth anniversary iteration and celebration in Huntington while hosting attendees from West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and beyond.
NOW, THEREFORE, I STEVE WILLIAMS, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON, CABELL AND WAYNE COUNTIES, do hereby proclaim Friday, October 11th, through Sunday, October 13th, 2013 to be
"TSUBASACON: 10TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND"
in the City of Huntington, WV and encourage all people, businesses, organizations, and institutions to welcome Tsubasacon attendees, volunteers, guests and staff members to our City and acknowledge them for their continuing participation, economic and charitable contributions.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and cause the Great Seal of the City of Huntington to be affixed this 11th day of October in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Thirteen.