- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
Tsubasacon Takes over Huntington's Downtown
Based on Friday attendance, the convention will exceed 2012's numbers which mean an even greater economic impact on the city.
Check here for the main events at the show: http://tsubasacon2013.sched.org/list/descriptions/#.UliHShB8Wun
In observance of the "con's" Tenth Anniversary, Huntington Mayor Steve Williams issued a proclamation:Whereas: Tsubasacon, founded in 2004, is a Japanese culture, animation and gaming festival hosted annually in Huntington, West Virginia by dozens of local volunteers; and
Whereas: Tsubasacon's primary goal is to provide West Virginians with international experiences normally available in larger metropolitan areas; and
Whereas: Tsubasacon will be presenting its tenth anniversary iteration and celebration in Huntington while hosting attendees from West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and beyond.
NOW, THEREFORE, I STEVE WILLIAMS, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON, CABELL AND WAYNE COUNTIES, do hereby proclaim Friday, October 11th, through Sunday, October 13th, 2013 to be
"TSUBASACON: 10TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND"
in the City of Huntington, WV and encourage all people, businesses, organizations, and institutions to welcome Tsubasacon attendees, volunteers, guests and staff members to our City and acknowledge them for their continuing participation, economic and charitable contributions.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and cause the Great Seal of the City of Huntington to be affixed this 11th day of October in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Thirteen.