- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Cabell Huntington Hospital/SEIU Local 1199 employees contribute to United Way
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- Cabell County Schools Announces 2016 Middle and High School Math Field Day Winners
- Marshall to host College Goal Sunday event Feb. 21
- Marshall’s 47th Annual Jazz Festival to sound off Feb. 18-20
- Mose July, M.D., recognized as February Fellow of the Month
Tsubasacon Takes over Huntington's Downtown
Based on Friday attendance, the convention will exceed 2012's numbers which mean an even greater economic impact on the city.
Check here for the main events at the show: http://tsubasacon2013.sched.org/list/descriptions/#.UliHShB8Wun
In observance of the "con's" Tenth Anniversary, Huntington Mayor Steve Williams issued a proclamation:Whereas: Tsubasacon, founded in 2004, is a Japanese culture, animation and gaming festival hosted annually in Huntington, West Virginia by dozens of local volunteers; and
Whereas: Tsubasacon's primary goal is to provide West Virginians with international experiences normally available in larger metropolitan areas; and
Whereas: Tsubasacon will be presenting its tenth anniversary iteration and celebration in Huntington while hosting attendees from West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and beyond.
NOW, THEREFORE, I STEVE WILLIAMS, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON, CABELL AND WAYNE COUNTIES, do hereby proclaim Friday, October 11th, through Sunday, October 13th, 2013 to be
"TSUBASACON: 10TH ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND"
in the City of Huntington, WV and encourage all people, businesses, organizations, and institutions to welcome Tsubasacon attendees, volunteers, guests and staff members to our City and acknowledge them for their continuing participation, economic and charitable contributions.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and cause the Great Seal of the City of Huntington to be affixed this 11th day of October in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Thirteen.