- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Guest Column
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- BOOK REVIEW: Part 4 of Review of David Stockman's 'The Great Deformation': Social Security, Glass-Steagall, 'Hayseed Coalition', Subprime Crony Capitalism
Huntington Council Meeting Tuesday
Extension and amendments to the SEG Big Sandy Superstore Arena contract, a nearly $50,000 floodwall engineering contact, and modifications of the city’s Building Code attracted few questions at the earlier work session.
Three resolutions appear to have little opposition, too. They would accept the Port Security Grant for acquiring a river capable fire fighting and rescue vehicle, and two JAG grants which combined will put the Huntington Police Department Code Enforcement Officer on the street.
Among items for first reading are an extension of the Nehemiah Construction contract, authorize about $280,000 for Phase II of the floodwall FEMA certification, abandon a unanimously approved Parkway Drive 0.027 acre section, and a requirement for rear reflectors on bicycles.
“I think this is common sense,” explained chairman Mark Bates, who said that the increasing pedaling activities have resulted in several “near miss” car/bicycle accidents.