- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Guest Column
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
Huntington CVB Launches New Web Home
The Cabell-Huntington Convention & Visitors Bureau launched a redesigned website, www.wvvisit.org, on October 7. The new website features community events, local attractions, dining and hotel options, businesses, festivals, and an assortment of featured videos of the area. Additional sections assist visitors and residents with meeting/convention/wedding and reunion information.
“We are very excited about the look and feel of our new site. We feel like it is easier to navigate and will be much more useful to the visitor” says Tyson Compton, President of the CVB.
The CVB has worked with Bulldog Creative to design a website that includes a comprehensive list of local restaurants, shopping destinations, attractions, hotels and entertainment options.
The new website was also programmed to automatically conform to the type of mobile device the visitor uses, making it easy to navigate. "More and more people are using their phones to make travel and hotel arrangements, so we felt it was necessary to create a mobile site that would not just look hot, but make this process easier for our visitors”, says Compton.
A popular section of the website is the Image and Video Gallery. This section highlights images of Cabell County, as well as CVB videos tailored to showcase locations in our region that would be appealing to a visitor. Another popular section of the website features the Calendar of Events. Users have the ability to subscribe to the calendar and receive weekly emails regarding events in our area. This calendar is also important for visitors to be able to see what events will take place during their visit.
Businesses or organizations who want a listing on the new website or who might be interested in advertising opportunities on the site, should email Cara Hedrick at email@example.com . Anyone who would like to have an event on the calendar can email Anna Adkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. In fact, we encourage any group or business that maintains a media list to add the CVB. “Keep in mind that the CVB event list is geared toward visitors and will list events that would draw guests,” Compton noted.