- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Devil's Son': WV Native's Novel Focuses on Cap Hatfield, Who Ended the Famous Feud Between the Hatfields and McCoys
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- Day Four: Johnson Returns To Head Table After Two-Year Absence
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
BOOK NOTES: Authors S. Clayton Rhodes and Michael Knost to appear at Drug Emporium this weekend
S. Clayton "Shelby" Rhodes will appear at the store to greet the public and autograph copies of his new volume, The Wiz of the West— a charming and humorous alternate take on the classic Wizard of Oz story for the young and young-at-heart.
“You know the story and the movie,” Rhodes said, "but has anyone ever stopped to wonder what might have happened if that Kansas twister had brought Dorothy not to Oz, but to the Old West?” Rhodes also has stories published in several anthologies which will be available for him to sign, as well.
Joining him will be Bram Stoker award-winning author Michael Knost, who will be signing copies of The Mothman Files, Legends of the Mountain State (volumes 1—4), Writers Workshop of Horror, Dark Tales of Terror, Appalachian Winter Hauntings, and other titles.
For more information, contact Drug Emporium at 3 Mall Road, Barboursville, WV, 304-736-0874; or see www.woodlandpress.com.