- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- Guest Column
- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- Uranium Hexafluoride Truck Incident in 2009 Closed I-64; Incident in 2013 on I-81
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
Cable Channel Line Up Changes, Expands; Local Origination Channel 20 Gone
On the non-digital tier, most of the 2 – ION to 89 Shop NBC appears intact, including the newly Convention and Visitor’s Bureau local channel 24 which retains the public meetings. However, the public access channel 20 has disappeared. According to a Facebook posting by Richard Bartram , the local origination channel was to have had its last broadcast Oct. 20 on Channel 190.
On closer inspection, the digital hierarchy has family, news, sports, music and movies grouped. The long not carried ENCORE “Retro,” “Multiplex,” and “Indie” channels are on board (YEA!). They have not added back the full Premium Movie Suites – for instance, @Max, 5 Star Max, and the W coast feeds.
No Big Ten Network sports fans, so do not be deceived by an icon for “Ten,” it is a porn content channel.
How will the new lineups be packaged? Clueless, except for “Preferred” and “Premiere” groupings, which seems to have the capability of personalization beyond HBO , STARZ or SHOWTIME.
Theoretically, high cost per viewer Major League Baseball and Football networks might be placed in Sports niches. Perhaps, a Family niche. Non-premium movie niche?
Unfortunately, the newly configured lineups can be found on your remote or the Xfinity web site, http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings
Quiz to follow.