- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Devil's Son': WV Native's Novel Focuses on Cap Hatfield, Who Ended the Famous Feud Between the Hatfields and McCoys
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- National Influenza Vaccination Week: December 8-14, 2013
October HMDA Meeting Cancelled
However, the Public Safety Committee will meet Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 1 p.m. in Huntington City Council chambers. Items scheduled for review: the proposed bicycle safety ordinance; urban deer hunting; and parade rules and regulations.
The parade rules stem from an incident during the Fire Safety event in which a near accident occurred stemming from candy tossing. Some later units in the parade were immediately told not to toss candy.
Also, on Thursday, Huntington City Council holds its work session at 4 p.m. in council chambers.