- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
Huntington Symphony Fundraiser
Composer Series event are held at the Touma Medical Museum at 314 Ninth Street in downtown Huntington. The time of the event is 5:30pm – 7:30pm with hors d’oeuvres and wine served in a cocktail party happy hour environment with select key members of the orchestra performing. Tickets for the fundraiser are $25.00 and may be purchased at the HSO Administration Offices at 763 Third Ave or by simply calling 304-781-8343. Members of the orchestra performing will be: Wendell Dobbs, flute, Lora Snow, oboe, Ann Marie Bingham, clarinet, Stephen Lawson, horn and Edwin Bingham, bassoon. The program will be:
Liberty Bell March
Love Me Little, Love Me Long
Washington Post March
Only a Dream
Paroles D’Amour Waltzes
Stars and Stripes Forever March
Also currently on sale is the next performance of the full orchestra on December 14, 2013. Further information is available at huntingtonsymphony.org or by contact the HSO by phone: 304-781-8343 or on facebook.