- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
Huntington Symphony Fundraiser
Composer Series event are held at the Touma Medical Museum at 314 Ninth Street in downtown Huntington. The time of the event is 5:30pm – 7:30pm with hors d’oeuvres and wine served in a cocktail party happy hour environment with select key members of the orchestra performing. Tickets for the fundraiser are $25.00 and may be purchased at the HSO Administration Offices at 763 Third Ave or by simply calling 304-781-8343. Members of the orchestra performing will be: Wendell Dobbs, flute, Lora Snow, oboe, Ann Marie Bingham, clarinet, Stephen Lawson, horn and Edwin Bingham, bassoon. The program will be:
Liberty Bell March
Love Me Little, Love Me Long
Washington Post March
Only a Dream
Paroles D’Amour Waltzes
Stars and Stripes Forever March
Also currently on sale is the next performance of the full orchestra on December 14, 2013. Further information is available at huntingtonsymphony.org or by contact the HSO by phone: 304-781-8343 or on facebook.