- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Kentucky man indicted for defrauding U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
Huntington Symphony Fundraiser
Composer Series event are held at the Touma Medical Museum at 314 Ninth Street in downtown Huntington. The time of the event is 5:30pm – 7:30pm with hors d’oeuvres and wine served in a cocktail party happy hour environment with select key members of the orchestra performing. Tickets for the fundraiser are $25.00 and may be purchased at the HSO Administration Offices at 763 Third Ave or by simply calling 304-781-8343. Members of the orchestra performing will be: Wendell Dobbs, flute, Lora Snow, oboe, Ann Marie Bingham, clarinet, Stephen Lawson, horn and Edwin Bingham, bassoon. The program will be:
Liberty Bell March
Love Me Little, Love Me Long
Washington Post March
Only a Dream
Paroles D’Amour Waltzes
Stars and Stripes Forever March
Also currently on sale is the next performance of the full orchestra on December 14, 2013. Further information is available at huntingtonsymphony.org or by contact the HSO by phone: 304-781-8343 or on facebook.