- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- United States Mint Announces 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Designs
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- REALTYTRAC: Foreclosure Auction Sales, Bank-Owned Sales Increase from Year Ago in October Even as Short Sales Decline
Blue Man Group Comes to Keith Nov. 12-13
This show will feature a blend of new content featuring imaginative technology and classic Blue Man favorites. This tour promises to deliver on new sounds, sets, and video designed around a totally original performance. Add a larger-than-life LED curtain and a high-resolution screen and now you have a TRUE BLUE MAN PERFORMANCE.
Although impossible to explain, The Blue Man Experience will leave patrons in shock and awe. Blue Man Group keeps pushing their show to new inventive heights. Incorporating many of today’s technologies this show connects with the audience in a whole new way. Blue Man Group has been praised by many different media outlets. The Baltimore Sun raves, “Blue Man Group packs a wallop. It’s a big, loud, funny, silly, visually arresting production!” Blending music, science, painting, and technology, this group engages many different primitive, witty, and sophisticated pieces.
Performing on such shows as The Tonight Show, Regis & Kelly, and Ellen, Blue Man Group has reached unimaginable heights in the entertainment industry. Paving their way through the industry took imagination and originality, two qualities that will be reflected in every show they perform. Few acts seen in this industry are as universal as the Blue Man Group. Today, Blue Man Group is a global brand that has grown from hard-working and humble roots.
However, if you’re looking for an origin of Blue Man Group, you may be disappointed. Like the show itself, its origin is enigmatic. Matt Goldman, one of the original Blue Men, stated in an article on Denver Center Stage: “There really isn’t an explanation. Chris (other founding member) dug up a picture that he drew when he was five years old, and it had three blue men in it. And I had a thing in my wallet for years with a blue tribe in South America. I don’t know why it was there; I never put pictures in my wallet. We think the Blue Man has always been here. The best answer is that we found each other.” In an attempt to surprise people and invoke thought, the group then came up with the concept of shaving their heads and painting themselves blue. The rest, as has been said, is history.
The Blue Man Show today is an imaginative and exuberant experience full of fan-interaction that incorporates the Blue Men’s own language into the show. With Grammy-nominated music as well, this show delivers on all ends. It even manages to incorporate many different ideas about art, visual perception, and group dynamics. Through the performance, patrons are encouraged to interpret their own meaning of these ideas. Being involved with many scoring projects for TV, film, and commercials, the Blue Man Group has become synonymous with today’s popular culture.
For this performance in Huntington, fans should expect risk-taking and experimentation. With new venues and sources of inspiration, the Blue Men have reached new heights of creativity. The show in Huntington will be truly unique and true to the Blue Man Spirit.