- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Guest Column
- Uranium Hexafluoride Truck Incident in 2009 Closed I-64; Incident in 2013 on I-81
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
Heritage Farm Foundation Kicking Off Fund Raising Campaign
Friend of the Farm helps the Heritage Farm Foundation build on the work of Michael and Henriella Perry. "Your gift will help transform this remarkable center for Appalachian heritage into a destination where school children, families, businesses, and tourists can learn about our strong heritage and understand that flowing within our veins is the same characteristics and abilities that our ancestors had. The challenges we face today are no more difficult than what our predecessors overcame. We are capable of building successful lives, strong families, and thriving businesses and communities, if we are willing to work as industriously and creatively as our ancestors," said Mike Perry.
Today, Heritage Farm is a place where thousands of school children come every year to gain hands-on experience of life on an Appalachian farm and learn about our history in six award-winning museums. It is a place where families can reconnect on this 500 acre farm in a quiet, natural setting playing games in one of the five authentic Appalachian cabins. It is a place where employees can come together for team building experiences. There are meeting facilities and lodging throughout the Farm and Village for groups to meet over a small fireside chat or to work in groups of 200.
While much has been accomplished, much is left to be done for Heritage Farm's next phase in its development which will involve targeted improvements to better serve the region in the areas of education, culture, business, family and community development.
"Our dream is to transform our region and provide a brighter future for our community. Every gift counts and will make Heritage Farm a legacy for generations to come," stated Henriella.
Please consider becoming a Friend of the Farm and share in Mike and Henriella's dream for our community. Together, we can "Learn from the Past, Appreciate Today and Dream for the Future." Gifts can be made by mail to address below or online at www.heritagefarmmuseum.com. All gifts are tax deductible.