- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
- IMAGES: Huntington High School Honored by Council, Mayor Despite Loss
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Comprehensive Plan, Skatepark Approved by Huntington Council
- Toxic TCE Released to Huntington's Air Sept. 11-15, 2008, per EPA Settlement; Authorities not Immediately Notified of Release
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- Nuclear Facility Cancer Study Planned by D.C. Group; Women & Children Most at Risk for Cancer
Murphy Schedules WV Book Signings
Murphy will sign books after the 8 p.m. concert Friday, Nov. 1, and from noon-2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Stonewall Resort.
Murphy will also be signing books from 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Adams Hallmark Store, Charleston (W.Va.) Town Center Mall; Sunday, Nov. 3, Fountain Place Mall, Logan, W.Va.; Nov. 7, WV WeCan Celebrity Dinner, Logan; and from 3-5 p.m. Nov. 8 at Barnes & Noble, Morgantown, W.Va.
Murphy’s co-author, award-winning novelist Rick Robinson, will also be there. The book will be officially released Nov. 1 and is available for pre-order now on Amazon.
In 2011, the nation watched an American Jazz singer from the coalfields of West Virginia rise to the top of a talent competition on NBC. The story of Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. is more than a rags-to-riches story of some singer who won a reality show—it’s a story of faith, hope, destiny, and dreams. To many people, Landau is the young man with dreadlocks who sings like Sinatra, but the story to be told is that of someone who is a hardworking man of enduring faith. When you’re finished reading this book, you’ll discover, along with having a great voice, Landau is a world-class human being.
“As a West Virginian, it was a very proud and emotional moment to watch Landau win ‘America’s Got Talent’,” said NBA legend Jerry West. “My family was pulling for him all the way from California. I’m so pleased that Landau is living his dream – a true American success story.”
“Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. is the complete package: talent, personality, character, class and humility, the ingredients for longevity,” said Glenn Leonard, former lead singer of The Temptations.
“America’s Got Talent Winner Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. is a truly inspirational and gripping memoir that reminds us all it is never too late to follow your dreams,” said Sean Daly of AGTNews.com.