- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Jacobs-Jones named senior vice president for operations
- Advertising majors win district competition
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- Powerful Data Proves It: Media Messages Influence Eating Disorders in Women and Girls
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
Marshall Wins Conference USA Mascot Showdown
Friday, November 1, 2013 - 20:30 Special to HNN Provided by Herd Zone
All 16 Conference USA mascots faced off in a bracket, advancing to a regional final. Marco edged out Scrappy of North Texas in the semifinals, while Big Blue took out Seymour of Southern Miss. The C-USA Mascot Showdown kicked off Oct. 14, with daily competitions between two conference foes.
More than 10,000 participated in the Facebook-based contest that crossed over all Conference USA social media outlets.
Besides bragging rights, Marco will be featured on this week's C-USA Showcase airing on Fox College and Fox Sports Networks. He is also sure to be treated to some of his favorite buffalo wings.