- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- 70 Years of Atomic Bombs: Can We Disarm Yet?
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- CFPB Spotlights Concerns with Medical Debt Collection and Reporting; CFPB to Require Credit Reporting Agencies to Regularly Report on Consumer Disputes
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- REVIEW: "Theory" Imspires not Giving Up and Necessity of More than just You
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
Marshall Wins Conference USA Mascot Showdown
Friday, November 1, 2013 - 20:30 Special to HNN Provided by Herd Zone
All 16 Conference USA mascots faced off in a bracket, advancing to a regional final. Marco edged out Scrappy of North Texas in the semifinals, while Big Blue took out Seymour of Southern Miss. The C-USA Mascot Showdown kicked off Oct. 14, with daily competitions between two conference foes.
More than 10,000 participated in the Facebook-based contest that crossed over all Conference USA social media outlets.
Besides bragging rights, Marco will be featured on this week's C-USA Showcase airing on Fox College and Fox Sports Networks. He is also sure to be treated to some of his favorite buffalo wings.