- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- Comprehensive Plan, Skatepark Approved by Huntington Council
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- Toxic TCE Released to Huntington's Air Sept. 11-15, 2008, per EPA Settlement; Authorities not Immediately Notified of Release
- IMAGES: Huntington High School Honored by Council, Mayor Despite Loss
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
Ohio Man Sentenced for His Part in Cocaine Conspiracy
On February 11, 2013, Renardo Owens sold crack cocaine to a police informant working in cooperation with the Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Network Team (MDENT) in exchange for $140. The next day, Renardo Owens sold $300 worth of crack cocaine to an informant. He also gave the informant $500 worth of crack cocaine and expected to be paid after the drugs were sold.
On February 13, 2013, Owens’ co-conspirator and brother, Retsyn Owens, arranged to meet the police informant at a predetermined location in Charleston. After arriving at the predetermined location, Retsyn Owens accepted $500 from the informant. The money that Retsyn Owens received from the informant on February 13, 2013 was payment for crack cocaine his brother had distributed two days earlier.
Retsyn Deshawn Owens, 42, also of Akron, Ohio previously pleaded guilty in April to conspiracy to distribute crack cocaine.
Retsyn Owens also provided the informant $500 worth of crack cocaine on February 13, 2013 and expected to be paid after the drugs were sold. On February 14, 2013, Renardo Owens accepted $500 from a police informant as payment for crack cocaine. Also, on February 14, 2013, Renardo Owens handed the informant $1,000 worth of crack cocaine and expected payment after the drugs were sold. On February 15, 2013, MDENT agents executed a search warrant at a Charleston residence and seized drug paraphernalia, cash, and three bags containing crack cocaine. During the execution of the search warrant, police also arrested Renardo Owens, who was inside the residence at the time.
Renardo Owens was previously convicted in October 1999 of possession of cocaine and trafficking cocaine in the Court of Common Pleas in Summit County, Ohio.
Retsyn Owens faces up to 20 years in prison when he is sentenced on November 13, 2013.
The Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Network Team conducted the investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Joshua Hanks handled the prosecution. The sentence was imposed by United States District Judge Thomas E. Johnston.