- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
Strike looms as union employees at Cabell Huntington Hospital vote on management proposal
“In 2010, workers gave back millions in concessions on their pension and healthcare, but executive salaries are going up and have increased over the past three years. Shame on them,” said Joyce Gibson, Director of Healthcare with the Service Employees International Union District 1199 and chief negotiator. “When the hospital was not financially stable, workers made sacrifices. Now that the hospital is doing well, they don’t want to share the pie. Workers provide the care and services that make the hospital profitable, but now hospital executives don’t want reward their hard work.”
According to financial documents provided by the employer, Cabell Huntington Hospital made a profit of over $33 million dollars in 2012 and has confirmed to employees that their profit projections for 2013 are even higher than that.
If employees reject the offer by the hospital tonight, a 10-day strike noticed will be issued, however, workers are hopeful that an agreement can be reached before that time.
Workers and representatives from SEIU District 1199 will be available throughout the day at the Ramada Inn located at 3140 16th Street Rd, Huntington, WV 25701. Union members have until 8:00pm tonight to vote.