- Marshall Names Temple’s Chuck Heater as Defensive Coordinator
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- Huntington Hires Communications Director
- OP-ED: Masculinity Question Still Missing Post Newtown
- Home Builders, Realtors Applaud Melvin Watt's Senate Confirmation as Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Report: Few Consumers File Arbitration Cases
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
DOWNTOWN: Visual Arts, Chat Chew
Looking forward to 2014, the downtown “girl” who supports Mayor Williams arts and growth programs stated, “Our city may be small, but our hearts and ideas are not. We always emphasize that it's about quality, not quantity, so with that in mind let's make 2014 our best year yet for the Artwalk!”
Danielle Justice, who has access to a 7,500 square foot industrial warehouse space in Guyandotte , will speak Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Frederick during Chat n Chew. She would like to see the space re-purposed towards the education and not-for-profit sector. Ideas such as a Children's Science Museum have been discussed.
On Nov. 14, Breanna L. Shell will discuss the city's 2025 comprehensive plan.