- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- OP-ED: Sexual Assault is Men’s Problem
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 24, 2014
- Perdue: WV Must Broaden Energy Portfolio and Reenergize Chemical Industry
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- 24 Kanawha County Sex Offenders Found Out of Compliance
- Marshall's Health Informatics program ranked No. 1 most affordable in the nation
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
Jazz Ensemble Salutes Vets
The concert will highlight great veterans of our nation's past and present, said Dr. Martin Saunders, director of jazz studies at Marshall, who is the director of the group. Selections will include popular tunes by the great jazz bandleaders and jazz icons from the 1940s through the 1960s, including Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Sarah Vaughan, Frank Sinatra and others.
Admission is free and open to the public. For further information, call the School of Music and Theatre at 304-696-3117.