- McDonie family establishes Marshall School of Medicine Scholarship
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Huntington Police Net Eleven Individual Arrests Jan. 13 & Early Hours of Jan. 14
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall to be home of Ellis Marsalis International Jazz Piano Competition, Festival
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- LOCATION CHANGE: Inaugural Private Party Planned for Schlotzsky's
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
Council Approves Communications Director for Huntington
Prior to the vote , Council members Frances Jackson and Rick Simmons indicated they favored the resolution, but suggested that the vote be held on Tuesday night when more of the public would be in attendance. Williams stressed that the Special meeting had been announced in advance and no one from the public asked to speak. Nor did they speak on the resolution when it was delayed from the prior council meeting in order so council could make an 'educated' decision based on seeing the budget projection results.
With councilman Scott Caserta absent due to his employment, the late afternoon special session, split 5-5 on postponing the vote on the budget revision to Tuesday, Nov. 12. Council members Jackson, Simmons, Gillespie, McGuffin and Thacker voted to postpone. After the tie vote on the postponement (meaning the issue was voted down), council voted on the resolution at the special session
Two council members voted against the revision, presumably the communication director which councilman Pete Glilespie had described as a "luxury,"
“We’ve never had one before,” Gillespie said. “I’ve never voted against the mayor, but I will on this issue.” Council woman Rebecca Thacker also voted no.
As a matter of recall, when Huntington Mayor Kim Wolfe introduced the constituent services liaison , council was divided. However, the position held by Jimmy Johnson, has received many praises from citizens, council members and the administration.