- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Charlotte School of Law Launches Eviction & Homelessness Prevention Clinic; How Do Similar Laws Impact Huntingtotn?
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Greenbrier Theatre Seeks Donations to Replace Destroyed Costumes
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
Huntington's Future Anticipates Population Growth
Ms. Shell stressed the plan is a “work in progress” as it begins in neighborhood and sparks development with citywide impact. She explsained that Huntington has past the period of losing population. It is now at a turning point for growth, she said. The plan extends past those that only preserved and protected what is here.
The plan lays out, for example, mixed use neighborhood areas, block zoning, housing planning. It also seeks to proactively prioritize timeframes for future growth and development.
Several Chat ‘n’ Chew attendees asked, for example, planned use of board of education properties scheduled for consolidation. Anticipation flowed for the 14th Street West take a walk around a mixed use neighborhood concept.
Although a select one item for which you are passionate suggestion resounded, another question illustrated a potential “civics lesson” need for informing who is responsible for what service in city and county government.