- UPDATING..... 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes (Soon)
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 3, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Storm Warning Issued for Wednesday
- Local athlete goes from the small screen to the gridiron
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
Huntington's Future Anticipates Population Growth
Ms. Shell stressed the plan is a “work in progress” as it begins in neighborhood and sparks development with citywide impact. She explsained that Huntington has past the period of losing population. It is now at a turning point for growth, she said. The plan extends past those that only preserved and protected what is here.
The plan lays out, for example, mixed use neighborhood areas, block zoning, housing planning. It also seeks to proactively prioritize timeframes for future growth and development.
Several Chat ‘n’ Chew attendees asked, for example, planned use of board of education properties scheduled for consolidation. Anticipation flowed for the 14th Street West take a walk around a mixed use neighborhood concept.
Although a select one item for which you are passionate suggestion resounded, another question illustrated a potential “civics lesson” need for informing who is responsible for what service in city and county government.