- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Huntington's Been There, Done That; History Repeating Itself on Severe Shortfalls
- Huntington Police, Fire, Public Works Employees Holding News Conference on City Hall Steps
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Some Atomic Energy Workers Passed Effects of Radiation and Chemical Exposure to their Spouses and Children
Huntington's Future Anticipates Population Growth
Ms. Shell stressed the plan is a “work in progress” as it begins in neighborhood and sparks development with citywide impact. She explsained that Huntington has past the period of losing population. It is now at a turning point for growth, she said. The plan extends past those that only preserved and protected what is here.
The plan lays out, for example, mixed use neighborhood areas, block zoning, housing planning. It also seeks to proactively prioritize timeframes for future growth and development.
Several Chat ‘n’ Chew attendees asked, for example, planned use of board of education properties scheduled for consolidation. Anticipation flowed for the 14th Street West take a walk around a mixed use neighborhood concept.
Although a select one item for which you are passionate suggestion resounded, another question illustrated a potential “civics lesson” need for informing who is responsible for what service in city and county government.