- New Awareness Campaign Stresses that "Human Trafficking Happens Here Too"
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- University deploys medical team to flood-ravaged Greenbrier County, including Rainelle
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Huntington Police Execute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Two Possession Arrests by HPD; Numerous B & E, Petit Larceny Incidents
- 93.7 The Dawg presents Dawg Dazzle with Julie Reeves, Frankie Ballard and Jon Pardi
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
Inspirational "A Breath Away" will tell Lucas' Story About Which Teens Were Excited When They Perished in Fire
View the trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rUdxpuYOns
Directed by Rick ("The Fifth Quarter," "Flatliners," "Radio Flyer," "Crazy," ) Bieber , a former attorney for Columbia Pictures, the film will star Abby Wathen as Marcia, as well as Fabio (Lanzoni), as well as local talent.
A State Journal report announced in July 2012 that filming was underway, citing Chuck Lawrence, senior pastor at Christ Temple.
Ben, 19, Angel, 17, and Quentin, 14, perished along with six others in the 2007 tragedy. In the Lincoln Journal article, she confirmed that the three children died in room 428 from smoke inhalation. They were huddled together holding a Bible.
Now, Huntington Fire Chief Carl Eastham was the last one out of the burning structure and nearly lost his life. His melted helmet has been displayed as a symbol of just how close the city came to losing him and other firefighters in the 2007 blaze.
Those that were at the scene recall a woman yelling for firefighters to save her children.
Lucas told reporters in 2007, "God let me talk to my babies , all three of them, while their last breath of life was in them and they were praising Jesus."
The three teens were carried by horse and carried to their resting place near Harts, WV. WSAZ has a recording of Lucas speaking to 911, http://www.wsaz.com/news/misc/5265646.html
The Lincoln Journal reported a few tears ago that the copper roof of her Huntington home was partially stolen. Lucas told the Journal, "God puts things in perspective. It's horrible that someone would steal my roof instead of getting a job and making money to pay bills. But after what I've been through , this is a very minor thing indeed."
Bieber and she are listed as representatives of the Lift Up the World Foundation which helps child victims of disasters, the fatherless, orphans and victims of abuse. http://www.liftupfoundation.com
Her artwork was presented to President George W. Bush by Sen. John McCain. Her art has been displayed at restaurant and museums throughout West Virginia and Tennessee.
A website directed phone number to purchase her book, "In Search of a Crown", stated that the mailbox is full. The exact release date could not be confirmed.