- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- Professional Salaries Discussed During Huntington Council Work Session
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
Canty Snags C-USA Freshman of the Week Honor
The weekly awards are chosen by a media panel representing the 16 member schools.
This marks the first weekly honor in Canty’s career and the 11th Freshman of the Week honor in program history. The last player for the Thundering Herd to receive the honor was DeAndre Kane, who did so for the week of Feb. 7, 2011.
Over the two-game week, Canty averaged 17.0 points and 4.5 assists 33.5 minutes. Against WKU, Canty ranked second on the team in scoring with 15, before scoring 19 and recording six assists in a losing effort to ETSU (Nov. 30).
Ranking sixth in the nation in assists per game (7.3) and ninth in the country in total steals (51), Canty has helped the Herd greatly from the point position.
Marshall will continue its four-game span away from the Cam Henderson Center at Vanderbilt, Thursday, Dec. 5 at 8 p.m.
C-USA Player of the Week
Nov. 11: Rakeem Buckles, FIU / Elijah Pittman, Marshall
Nov. 18: Louis Dabney, Tulane / C.J. Washington, UAB
Nov. 25: Chad Frazier, UAB
Dec. 2: Chad Frazier, UAB
C-USA Freshman of the Week
Nov. 11: Matt Willms, UTEP
Nov. 18: Jonathan Stark, Tulane
Nov. 25: Sean Obi, Rice
Dec. 2: Kareem Canty, Marshall