- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- HPD Code Enforcement Citations
- West Virginia American Water Update on Carbon Filter Change-Out and Water Testing
- Huntington Champions Parade in May
Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 23:49 Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Since the game will be played in Houston, Marshall fans who cannot make the trip will be there in spirit doing their best to demonstrate support for the Thundering Herd. They will be chanting in unison, "We Are ... Marshall," from their homes and alumni clubs where game-watching parties will be widespread.
The chants will start at noon with the opening kickoff and continue every time Marshall scores.
"Our football team loves and responds to its fans! Unfortunately, we are not playing at home but if every Herd fan exactly at certain times were yelling, 'We Are ... Marshall,' all over the world and the team knew it, I believe they would hear us in their hearts," said Verna Gibson, former chairman of the Marshall Board of Governors.
Many fans will be going outside of their homes and into their neighborhoods to chant "We Are ... Marshall" when the Herd scores. There will be no mistaking when MU scores. "Let's let the Herd hear and feel our worldwide support," Gibson said.
The game will be televised on ESPN 2 at Noon EST.