- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
Fan celebration planned before Marshall-WVU basketball game
The reception, which annually draws a large crowd of Herd followers, runs from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the South Hall of the civic center. It precedes the game between Marshall and WVU, which tips off at 7:30 p.m. Music, food, fun and festivities are guaranteed to all who attend the reception, said Nancy Pelphrey, assistant director of alumni affairs. The MU Alumni Association is sponsoring the event.
"The reception before the Marshall-WVU game is one of the best events of the year," Pelphrey said. "It is always packed with folks wearing their Kelly green. It's a spirited affair that we all look forward to attending before the big game with the Mountaineers."
Representatives from several campus organizations will take part in the reception, setting up displays and sharing information with visitors. Marco, the Marshall pep band and the MU cheerleaders will stop by to entertain those attending the reception. Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and the First Lady, Joanne Jaeger Tomblin, are expected to attend as well.
A women's game between the two schools will be played at 1 p.m. at the civic center.
Marshall is 4-4 on the season after losing at Vanderbilt Thursday night, 69-67. The Herd plays at Penn State Saturday afternoon.For more information on the reception, call Pelphrey at 304-696-3134.