- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Scammers are hacking into personal emails and placing false advertisements to ruin housing rentals for families
- Burris, Hale, Marsteller and Smith to join College of Business Hall of Fame
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- "Noah:" Let's Separate Church and Cinema Versus....
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- "God is not Dead" Weaves Many Stories of Faith
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
NWS Winter Weather Advisory Issued
* LOCATIONS...PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST KENTUCKY AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA...AND WEST VIRGINIA.
* HAZARD TYPES...PRIMARILY SNOW. A MIX IS POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND SOUTHEAST WEST VIRGINIA BEFORE CHANGING TO ALL SNOW.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST KENTUCKY...SOUTHERN WEST VIRGINIA AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA. 2 TO 4 INCHES ACROSS CENTRAL AND NORTHERN WEST VIRGINIA LOWLANDS. 3 TO 6 INCHES ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINS.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN ACROSS THE SOUTH AND WEST BY 2 AM AND OVERSPREAD THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA BY 4 AM. THE SNOW WILL END FROM WEST TO EAST LATE MORNING TO EARLY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...SNOW WILL QUICKLY ACCUMULATE ON UNTREATED SURFACES TO CREATE HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS FOR THE MORNING COMMUTE. SOME PATCHY BLACK ICE MAY ALSO DEVELOP ON UNTREATED SURFACES...AHEAD OF THE STORM...WITH TEMPERATURES FALLING BELOW FREEZING WITH LINGERING MOISTURE ON AREA ROADS.
* WINDS...NORTHWEST 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 15 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...DROPPING INTO THE MID AND UPPER 20S FOR MORNING COMMUTE.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.