- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- Scammers are hacking into personal emails and placing false advertisements to ruin housing rentals for families
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- Easter: Jesus's Most Important Message to Us
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
Again, Canty Named C-USA Freshman of the Week
The weekly awards are chosen by a media panel representing the 16 member schools.
Canty averaged 23 points, going 17-of-36 from the field on the week in road losses at Vanderbilt (Dec. 5) and Penn State (Dec. 7). He also shot 8-of-13 from beyond the arc for 61.5 percent. Canty set a career high for scoring at Penn State when he scored a game-high 28 points in 39 minutes. He scored 18 points and added four assists and two steals against Vanderbilt in 37 minutes.
This marks the 12th Freshman of the Week honor in the history of Marshall men’s basketball. Now with the most C-USA Freshman of the Week honors this season, Canty ranks 10th in the nation in assists per game (6.7) and first in C-USA. Marshall has now collected three weekly C-USA honors on the 2013-14 season.
The Herd will conclude its four-game stretch away from home with its annual meeting with in-state rival West Virginia for the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, Saturday, Dec. 14, at 7:30 p.m. The game will be televised live statewide.
C-USA Player of the Week
Nov. 11: Rakeem Buckles, FIU / Elijah Pittman, Marshall
Nov. 18: Louis Dabney, Tulane / C.J. Washington, UAB
Nov. 25: Chad Frazier, UAB
Dec. 2: Chad Frazier, UAB
Dec. 9: Pablo Bertone, Florida Atlantic
C-USA Freshman of the Week
Nov. 11: Matt Willms, UTEP
Nov. 18: Jonathan Stark, Tulane
Nov. 25: Sean Obi, Rice
Dec. 2: Kareem Canty, Marshall
Dec. 9: Kareem Canty, Marshall