- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Happy Birthday, Will Shakespeare; Words and Phrases You Created Will Live Forever
Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
Conducted in conjunction with United Country – A.B. Cole & Associates, the live event will take place at Holiday Inn and Suites located at 800 3rd Ave, Huntington, W.V. Registration for the event will begin at 11 a.m., and the auction will take place at noon. Interested parties may preview the property Saturday, Nov. 30 and Thursday, Dec. 5 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
“We believe that the auction marketing method is one of the best ways to present a property such as this to the public,” said Barry Cole, auctioneer and broker with United Country – A.B. Cole & Associates. “This format allows qualified buyers the opportunity to see a variety of available income properties and determine their current fair market values through the bidding process.”
Highlawn Baptist Church is located at 2788 Collis Avenue in Huntington near St. Mary's Medical Center, and is conveniently accessible via Collis Avenue, 28th Street and 1st Avenue. The building features various exterior and interior architectural touches unique to the structure. The sanctuary fills with natural lighting and holds tall vertical brick columns and a bell tower as the main entrance. The property, which also includes two residences, is situated on 13 parcels. The three-story church has sanctuary seating for approximately 1,100, roughly 115 offices, rooms, classrooms, four kitchens and 19 restrooms. The property offers a sizable level parking area adjacent to the church.
“This amazing property is full of possibilities,” Burdette said. “It has potential as a medical facility, school, government facility or it could easily be retained as a place of worship.”
The online personal property auction runs from December 4 through 14 and features hundreds of items including office equipment, furniture, padded pews, musical instruments, organs by Rodgers and Baldwin, pianos, stainless commercial kitchen items – Vulcan, Garland, Blodgett, Hobart & Belfield – and more. Online bidders can participate at Proxibid.com.
Detailed information about the property for sale, as well as details about the auctions, can be found online at ABColeRealty.com or by calling 877-539-9866.