- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Legislative Funding Cut Will Lead to Closure of West Virginia Poison Center
- Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Council Considers Change in Parking Fee Distribution
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
2013 Toy Train Party to Be Held December 14
This year marks the 14th year for the party which started as a small gathering among friends. Last year The Toy Train raised over $17,000 and helped provide toys to over 450 local children. For the past two years, Toy Train committee members also chaperoned a magical night for all of the children from the City Mission, using funds generated from the party. Children were treated to dinner at Max & Erma’s with a special visit from Santa Claus, as well as a movie with popcorn and a drink.
Admission to The Toy Train is one new unwrapped toy or $30 per person. Beer and wine will be provided along with a sampling of food donated from local restaurants. For the third year, the event will feature entertainment by local favorite Mystic Mountain Blueberry.
For more information about The Toy Train party visit www.thetoytrain.org .