- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- West Virginia American Water Update on Carbon Filter Change-Out and Water Testing
- CFPB Proposes Revision to Rule Protecting Consumers Sending Money Internationally
2013 Toy Train Party to Be Held December 14
This year marks the 14th year for the party which started as a small gathering among friends. Last year The Toy Train raised over $17,000 and helped provide toys to over 450 local children. For the past two years, Toy Train committee members also chaperoned a magical night for all of the children from the City Mission, using funds generated from the party. Children were treated to dinner at Max & Erma’s with a special visit from Santa Claus, as well as a movie with popcorn and a drink.
Admission to The Toy Train is one new unwrapped toy or $30 per person. Beer and wine will be provided along with a sampling of food donated from local restaurants. For the third year, the event will feature entertainment by local favorite Mystic Mountain Blueberry.
For more information about The Toy Train party visit www.thetoytrain.org .