- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Happy Birthday, Will Shakespeare; Words and Phrases You Created Will Live Forever
Gunman Dead After Shooting at Bar on Huntington's Fourth Avenue
The preliminary investigation indicates that the deceased man had been inside the bar prior to the shooting when he became involved in an altercation with a woman. Bar employees ejected the man. During this process, the man produced a handgun and began firing toward the main area of the bar.
A bar employee who had a concealed weapon then shot the deceased man. The bar employee was taken to the Huntington Police Department for questioning. The case will be further reviewed by the Cabell County prosecutor.
No arrests have been made at this time. The injuries to the three other gunshot victims are not life-threatening. Additional information will be forthcoming, pending notification to the deceased victim’s next of kin and other developments.