- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
Gunman Dead After Shooting at Bar on Huntington's Fourth Avenue
The preliminary investigation indicates that the deceased man had been inside the bar prior to the shooting when he became involved in an altercation with a woman. Bar employees ejected the man. During this process, the man produced a handgun and began firing toward the main area of the bar.
A bar employee who had a concealed weapon then shot the deceased man. The bar employee was taken to the Huntington Police Department for questioning. The case will be further reviewed by the Cabell County prosecutor.
No arrests have been made at this time. The injuries to the three other gunshot victims are not life-threatening. Additional information will be forthcoming, pending notification to the deceased victim’s next of kin and other developments.