- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
- Legislative Funding Cut Will Lead to Closure of West Virginia Poison Center
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Council Considers Change in Parking Fee Distribution
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
Gunman Dead After Shooting at Bar on Huntington's Fourth Avenue
The preliminary investigation indicates that the deceased man had been inside the bar prior to the shooting when he became involved in an altercation with a woman. Bar employees ejected the man. During this process, the man produced a handgun and began firing toward the main area of the bar.
A bar employee who had a concealed weapon then shot the deceased man. The bar employee was taken to the Huntington Police Department for questioning. The case will be further reviewed by the Cabell County prosecutor.
No arrests have been made at this time. The injuries to the three other gunshot victims are not life-threatening. Additional information will be forthcoming, pending notification to the deceased victim’s next of kin and other developments.