- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
"HOBBIT:" Huge Spiders, Flaming Dragon, and Floating Down the Stream Fun (with a Yawn or Two)
That’s not to equate “sketchy” with “card board.” Elf warrior Tauriel (Evangeline Lilly of Lost) slightly hooks up with Legolas (Orlando Bloom, timid Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) retains his unflappable stance, and Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) who leadership occasionally stalls before he finally takes on the scaly skinned , rawhide winged, and scorching mega flame-throwing exhalations.
Before confronting the treasure troves of the dragon, the dwarves have undergone an Indiana Jones marathon of slips, slides, and rub off the silk webbing adventures. Ultimately, it’s the spectacle of the New Zealand pristine vistas which bridges jogging sessions.
Considering the Middle Earth nuances and names, “Desolation” simulates the “Lord of the Rings” series lacking its intensity, novelties, and unified crusading purpose. The dwarf legion seems stuck, waiting for motivation , which obviously will come in the final flick in the series.
Stretching “The Hobbit” into a trilogy does bring expected pacing yawns (though the strikingly detailed caverns are 3D eye candy), yet I’m still itching from the lengthy spider and silk shivers which has more lethal visuals than the dragon’s fiery temper tantrums.